If we told you that if you attended our beginners sewing workshop, All You Need to Know to Sew, you could learn to sew in one, half-day session, would you
If we told you that if you attended our beginners sewing workshop, All You Need to Know to Sew, you could learn to sew in one, half-day session, would you believe us? Did you get a new sewing machine but have yet to get it out of the box? Do you feel like you need a confidence booster to show you how to sew and you would like to know what happens with all the knobs and settings? Or do you just want to learn how to sew and need someone to help move you past the red L plate stage? This course is an excellent place to start and comes highly recommended so that you can gain confidence with no pressure.
Maeri Howard will be your instructor for this workshop, where you will:
- Learn all the major functions of one of our sewing machines or you can bring your own to learn to sew on
- What makes a good “starter” kit for sewing equipment, as well as what each item does
- Basic sewing machine maintenance – what to do when things go wrong & how to fix them
- Introduction to fabrics, marking, pinning & cutting
- An invaluable list of tricks & tips that help beginner sewers get ahead of the sewing curve
- Students will create a cushion cover that they can take home which includes a cushion insert
- Students take home a handy 16-page booklet that reflects the content of the workshop
Skill Level: Absolute Beginner (anyone can learn – we promise!)
Course Availability: Daytime, Evening & Weekends
Fee and what this includes: £43.00, this includes all items needed to make your cushion cover including the insert (sewing machine is available at no extra charge), coffee/tea & a homemade snack.
EQUIPMENT LIST: All materials are provided for in the workshop – we want you to not have to worry about a thing when you come along. If you would like to see what we use or bookmark for later, the link is here.
And we have a great Pinterest board for those that are new to sewing – it includes hints, tips, and projects great for those new to sewing! Why not check it out and follow it?
(Wednesday) 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
The Make & Do Studio
14 Beech Road, Stockton Heath, WA4 6LT