Learn the basics of crochet in our popular Loopy About Crochet workshop. Our Loopy About Crochet workshop shows how you can recreate that magic of crochet with a
Learn the basics of crochet in our popular Loopy About Crochet workshop. Our Loopy About Crochet workshop shows how you can recreate that magic of crochet with a fresh, contemporary twist so that you can easily turn your hand to making your own collection of crocheted items. Today’s crocheting is much more subtle in its use of colour and fibers but with a nod to the simple beauty of the craft – you will be amazed at what you can make once you have the knowledge of how to work with your basic stitches.
We provide everything for your workshop experience and you take ALL of it home with you at the end of the session. We use StyleCraft Special DK 100% cotton yarn, in a variety of colours, to help you create your beautifully crocheted piece. And to make sure you get the attention you need to learn your new skill, our workshop numbers are limited to five people.
In this class, Sue Lacey will be your instructor, we will cover:
- Learn the basic crochet stitches
- Follow a basic crochet pattern
- Understand what tension is and how to adjust it
- Use basic finishing techniques
- Create a beautiful and functional mug shrug
- Supported with a helpful handout to help you continue to “hook at home”!
- You will have all your supplies waiting for you when you arrive and you can take ALL of it home with you (hook included!) as well as a 50g ball Stylecraft wool to ensure you can keep “hooking” at home.
Skill Level: Absolute Beginner and those needing a refresher
Course Availability: Daytimes & Evenings
Fee and what this includes: 40.00, this includes all items needed to make your crocheted item, the hook and a 50 gm ball of Stylecraft Classique Cotton DK (a £4.95 value) all for you to take home to keep, as well as coffee/tea and a homemade snack.
Do you Pin? Our Pinterest board for those new to crochet is filled with inspirational projects that will make sure you have a project to aspire to once you leave our workshop. Why not check it out and follow our board?
(Thursday) 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
The Make & Do Studio
14 Beech Road, Stockton Heath, WA4 6LT