We are adding some serious hardware to our purse making workshop by way of these lovely metal framed snap frame clutch bag purses which are kept closed by a criss-cross
We are adding some serious hardware to our purse making workshop by way of these lovely metal framed snap frame clutch bag purses which are kept closed by a criss-cross clasp that makes a whisper of a click when closed. And to make sure it has that extra bit of kick, you get to choose from high quality (and a bit quirky) American fabrics to make sure that the bag is uniquely your own creation. This is a great craft to learn if you want to be able to make something that just adds a bit of pop to your bag repetoir or want to be able to give a fab gift.
Maeri Howard will be your instructor for this workshop, where you will:
- Learn how to cut a pattern using American Wax Paper (a secret weapon for those in crafting circles!)
- Build on your basic pattern to understand how to adapt to make different sized purses
- Be given tips and tricks on the best way to cut out fabric to achieve a professional looking finish
- Learn how to use interfacing and fusible wadding to give ‘shape’ to your bag
- Work with textile glue to attach the metal frame purse frame to fabric
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
Course Availability: Evening and Daytime
EQUIPMENT LIST: All materials are provided for in the workshop – we want you to not have to worry about a thing when you come along. If you would like to see what we use,or bookmark for later, the link is here.
Fee and what this includes: 42.00. This includes all materials costs, sewing machine (if required) and fresh coffee/tea.
(Monday) 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
The Make & Do Studio
14 Beech Road, Stockton Heath, WA4 6LT