ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW TO SEW
Did you get a new sewing machine but have yet to get it out of the box? Has it been a while since you sewed and you need a refresher course on what goes where? Or do you just want to start sewing and need someone to help move you past the red L plate stage? This course is an excellent place to start and comes highly recommended so that you can gain confidence with no pressure.
Maeri Howard will be your instructor for this workshop, where you will:
- Learn all the major functions of one of our sewing machines or you can bring your own to learn on.
- What makes a good “starter” kit for sewing equipment, as well as what each item does.
- Basic sewing machine maintenance – what to do when things go wrong & how to fix them.
- Introduction to fabrics, marking, pinning & cutting.
- An invaluable list of tricks & tips that help beginner sewers get ahead of the sewing curve.
- Students will create a cushion cover that they can take home which includes a cushion insert.
- Students take home a handy 16-page booklet that reflects the content of the workshop.
Skill Level: Absolute Beginner
Course Availability: Daytime, Evening & Weekends
Fee and what this includes: £43.00, this includes all items needed to make your cushion cover including the insert for our newly created cover, sewing machine is available at no extra charge if required, coffee/tea & a homemade snack.
THE STUDIO BLOG
Getting your crafting project published in a magazine (either in print or on-line) isn’t as difficult as it may seem. These magazines rely on people contributing to their content – the key it is to find the right magazine for your craft project, find the person to...
Hello readers! I have just returned from my second speaking gig on behalf of Coats Crafts UK at the stunning Newbury Race Course (on a completely different aside - I drove there from Wantage in Oxfordshire and took the B4494 road to Newbury - absolutely...
Do you believe in the idea of karma? And can you learn how to cultivate good karma and keep on growing it for your business? One word answer - absolutely. Karma is just an exchange of positive energy combined with a bit of luck as well as the ability to see more than...
Thanks for visiting The Make & Do Studio website. We'd love to hear from you. If you'd like to attend one of our workshops, but have a query, or have anything else you want to chat about, please contact us here.