PIPED CUSHION COVERS
This workshop is taught by Anne Sigsworth, owner of Sophies Soft Furnishings, who has over fourteen years experience in making professional soft furnishings. Anne is not only a gifted teacher, she shares her tips and tricks that help sewers achieve the look of a high street store when making their cushion so that you can recreate this same look at home.
In this workshop:
- You will work with both a zipper foot and a piping foot in order to make the piping to achieve the final finished cushion.
- We’ll also discuss how to pick the best fabric to achieve the result you are looking for.
- You will learn how to make bias binding in order so that your piping is unique your cushion.
- We also look at ways to embellish your cushions to create a bespoke cushion.
- At the end of the workshop, you will have completed a fully finished 18 x 18 piped cushion complete with insert, to take home, ready to add to your home decor.
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
Course Availability: Daytime
EQUIPMENT LIST: All materials are provided for in the workshop – we want you to not have to worry about a thing when you come along. If you would like to see what we use,or bookmark for later if you would like to purchase items for future makes, the link is here.
Fee and what this includes: 48.00, this includes all items needed to make your Piped Cushion Cover (we can even lend you a sewing machine if required), a full set of instructions, coffee/tea & a homemade snack.
THE STUDIO BLOG
Getting your crafting project published in a magazine (either in print or on-line) isn’t as difficult as it may seem. These magazines rely on people contributing to their content – the key it is to find the right magazine for your craft project, find the person to...read more
Hello readers! I have just returned from my second speaking gig on behalf of Coats Crafts UK at the stunning Newbury Race Course (on a completely different aside - I drove there from Wantage in Oxfordshire and took the B4494 road to Newbury - absolutely...read more
Do you believe in the idea of karma? And can you learn how to cultivate good karma and keep on growing it for your business? One word answer - absolutely. Karma is just an exchange of positive energy combined with a bit of luck as well as the ability to see more than...read more
Thanks for visiting The Make & Do Studio website. We'd love to hear from you. If you'd like to attend one of our workshops, but have a query, or have anything else you want to chat about, please contact us here.